Our Founder & Director
- Peter Goodwin CA, GAICD has over sixteen years recruitment experience in Adelaide. Peter’s focus is recruitment of roles comprising an organisations Accounting & Finance Function and Senior and Mid-level Executive roles. Peter has assisted Adelaide businesses to recruit over 450 Accounting / Finance roles and a wide range of Executive Appointments.
- Clients have included privately owned & ASX listed businesses, not for profit organisations private equity owned businesses, subsidiaries of overseas/interstate companies and start-ups.
- For the recruitment of Accounting & Finance related roles, the value to clients and candidates of working with a consultant who every day for 16 years has been meeting with, interviewing and networking with candidates who work in the Accounting & Finance functions of Adelaide based businesses, cannot be underestimated.
- Through his professional career and professional memberships & networks, Peter has built a wide range of contacts, which he is able to draw on to benefit clients and candidates.
- Prior to his career in recruitment Peter qualified as a Chartered Accountant with KPMG Adelaide and then worked as an Accountant for a range of businesses including large multinationals and family businesses in the UK, Alice Springs & Adelaide.
- Peter is a Graduate Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) achieving an Order of Merit in the Assignment and Exam on completion of the AICD Company Directors program in 2000.
- In addition to founding Goodwin Recruit in 2010, Peter’s business experience includes starting a sports clothing & accessories distribution business in 1997 and founding & managing a successful retail food outlet at Glenelg in 2001 winning two small business awards in 2005 & 2006. This business was sold in 2008.
- Peter’s professional experiences together with learnings gained from starting & managing businesses have given him insights into the skill sets and aptitudes required for different roles and the personality profiles that best fit certain environments.
- Importantly through his own business experience Peter understands;
- the challenges confronting business owners, directors and management and just as importantly the opportunities available at different points in a business’s life cycle
- the experience and skills most suited to helping a business overcome these challenges and capitalise on opportunities and ultimately add maximum value to the achievement of a business’s ultimate vision.
These insights separate Peter from other recruiters when it comes to identifying best fit candidates for roles and providing both clients and candidates with fearless, astute, credible and professional feedback & advice.
- Important aspects of a Recruitment Consultants role should be to ensure clients consider all possibilities, risks and opportunities relevant to each candidate and give candidates frank and honest advice about areas for improvement.
- Peter is well qualified through both professional, business & life experiences to identify factors relevant to the above important areas and provide advice to both clients and candidates to ensure the most suitable candidate is selected.